Butter Pecan Sweet Potatoes Recipe
If you are looking for an appetizing side dish perfect for family gatherings and holidays…
LOOK NO FURTHER!
Our recipe for Pecan Sweet Potatoes is the tastiest side dish and pairs perfectly with almost any type of meat or a salty dish! The soothing aroma of the sweet potatoes and buttery taste of pecan helps balance all those strong flavors. We recommend our Butter Pecan Sweet Potatoes with a slice of ham, pork chops, even chicken. But they traditionally combine best with turkey breast for that delicious fall flavor.
This sweet and spicy pecan and sweet potato dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser on Thanksgiving! So before November comes knocking, bake a test run, and try out our scrumptious pecan sweet potato recipe prior to the big feast, for any occasion!
PREP: 10 mins TOTAL TIME: 50 mins SERVINGS: 8
* 8 medium sweet potatoes peeled (5 pounds)
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* Coarse salt
* 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
* ¼ cup light-brown sugar
* ½ cup Alamo Pecan Chopped Pieces
* 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel potatoes and halve lengthwise; slice crosswise 1/2 inch thick. On a baking sheet, toss potatoes with olive oil; season with coarse salt.
- Transfer half the potatoes to a second baking sheet; cook both sheets until potatoes are tender, tossing occasionally, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with butter, brown sugar, pecan pieces, and cayenne pepper, dividing evenly. Bake until sugar is caramelized and hard, about 10 minutes. Gently toss; serve immediately.
To make ahead (up to five hours) prepare recipe through step # 2. Cool by covering and refrigerating. About 15 minutes before serving proceed with the recipe.